It’s been a while since I’ve posted some delicious vegan sweet treat recipes. I truly hope you’ll enjoy these rich vegan espresso chocolate chip cookies as much as the friend I baked these for did. 🙂
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons espresso coffee ground up finely
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon (go wild here — if you love cinnamon .. go for 3/4 of a teaspoon) ** optional – if you don’t care for cinnamon, feel free to omit it
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet dairy-free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In one bowl whisk together baking powder, cinnamon (optional), flour and salt.
- In another bowl whisk the butter (make sure it’s room temperature) with espresso powder until well combined. I love my KitchenAid – it does a perfect job each time! Proceed to add in the powdered and brown sugar; making sure they combine well!
- Slowly mix in and incorporate the flour mixture. A little at a time (I’d say about 1/4 cup at a time). Stir in chocolate chips.
- I use a cookie dough scooper to try to ensure that my cookies will all be uniform in size. If you don’t have one – just use a regular tablespoon and spoon out a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet (don’t forget the parchment paper). Space out about 2 inches apart.
- Bake between 12-14 minutes. I find 12 minutes in my oven works perfectly. A good indicator is when the edges are browned some what.
Allow the cookies to cool and serve up with a glass of cashew or almond milk!
From my Vegan kitchen to yours! I sure hope these hit the sweet tooth spot!
Anabelle Taub, PA (Your Pet-Friendly Real Estate Broker)