Hi, there… Thanks for stopping by! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Anabelle Taub. There are two things I have a penchant for — real estate and Vegan cooking. By day time I am known as the South Florida pet-friendly agent, and by night time I find myself experimenting with lots of different gluten-free Vegan recipes. I am so excited to share this creamy cashew milk recipe with you (the great news is that you may make it as creamy or NOT as you like, you can play around with the flavors as well). Use this delicious cashew milk as you would any other nondairy milk (the creamy version can be used for thickening sauces).
Here is what you’ll need:
- approximately 2/3 cup whole raw cashews
- 1.5 to 3 cups of cold water
- 2 tsp. agave or maple syrup
- 1 to 2 whole vanilla beans (optional)
Easy instructions (non-creamy version):
- Place the cashews in a glass bowl and cover with water. Soak for 2-4 hours.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a high speed blender (I prefer the Vitamix) with 1 cup of the cold water. Blend for a minute or so.
- Add the agave syrup and the second cup of water, blend for another minute or so.
- Add the last cup of water, and blend for another minute or so.
- Pour into a jug (I prefer the vintage glass milk bottles, which you can find on Amazon. In fact, they have the 8 oz. sets so you can have them prepared ahead of time if you’re on the run like I am in the mornings) with a lid and refrigerate, or you may serve immediately over some crushed ice.
- Follow steps above, and use maple syrup and or my FAVORITE — I place two hole vanilla beans in the bottle and leave it there. Play it up, once with both the maple syrup and the other with both ingredients.
For a creamy version:
- Follow the above plain version instructions, except that you will only use 1.5 cups of cold water when blending. You will find this version to yield a rich and thick liquid which you may use for any recipe which calls for cream. NOTE: If you will use this cream for soups, or pasta sauces, please don’t use the sweet version.
Please let me know how you’ve enjoyed this recipe. It’s my sincere hope that you will love this recipe!