(Day 5 of 90 — Vegan Challenge)
Today, I opted for a naturally sweetened gluten-free (and oh so yummy) vegan chocolate smoothie. Recipe is courtesy of Oh She Glows Cookbook.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Godiva)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Very small pinch of fine-grain sea salt (optional)
- 4 to 6 pitted medium pitted Medjool dates
- Approximately 6 ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
I used my beloved VitaMix.
- In high-speed blender, combine the almond milk, avocado, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add the salt, pitted dates, and espresso powder (optional). Blend until smooth.
ENJOY!! I certainly did.