Can’t think what to make for dinner tonight? I made a delicious gluten-free vegan version of spaghetti puttanesca (minus the anchovies and the parmesan cheese), and didn’t feel the difference. Easy to prepare. Super delicious. Healthy. Mostly organic. All from fresh ingredients (minus the gluten-free pasta). I also made a delicious salad as a side dish.
- 1 pound gluten-free (optional) pasta of your choice
- 6 cloves of roughly chopped garlic
- 1 handful capers soaked in water, drained
- 2-3 handfuls pitted kalamata olives (I chopped them in half, to make sure they were all pitted)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, cut in half (you can used canned tomatoes, but I try to only use fresh ingredients)
- 1 bunch (handful) chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the spaghetti in salted, boiling water until al dente. Meanwhile sauté the garlic and tomatoes. When half way cooked, add the capers and olives. I added some of the starchy water from the pasta pot. Cook for a few minutes and bring to a simmer, and continue to cook for 4 or 5 minutes, until you get a tomato sauce consistency. Add and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Remove from the heat, plunge the drained spaghetti into it, toss it over, and cover with the sauce. Give it a taste. If needed, add a bit more salt and pepper, and feel free to drizzle a little more olive oil.
Serve with fresh salad and enjoy! Choose the veggies of your choice. Drizzle with olive oil, and red wine vinegar. A little salt and pepper. Mix and serve.