As a fairly new member to the Vegan community I love “veganizing” recipes, and I equally have a penchant for comfort food. Tonight I made a delicious eggless cesar salad dressing which will satisfy the palate of both carnivores and vegetarians alike.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 hearts crispy romaine lettuce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons (fresh is always better)
- couple cloves minced garlic (plus one or two extra to rub on day’s old bread for broiling when cutting up to pieces – crouton size)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (I would taste the dressing, and add a tiny bit more if you like the taste)
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Combine all in a blender, and blend away. If you prefer the dressing cold, then cool in the fridge for at least an hour and then drizzle all over (make sure if you don’t use the dressing right away to shake the jar first) crispy romaine lettuce.
I toasted bread I bought a couple of days ago in the broiler on high, rubbed some fresh garlic on it before placing in the oven. Make sure you watch the bread so it doesn’t burn. A couple of minutes is all you need. When cool to the touch, cut up into crouton size pieces and enjoy the freshet cesar salad you’ve probably had in a long time.
An added bonus — a glass of wine. Now this is what I call a perfect Thursday night! Off to read a good book. Good night, everyone. — Anabelle.